Cornapalooza 2024 - Details & FAQ
1. What time do the gates open on Friday July 12th, 2024? - Gates will open at 7am.
2. When do I have to be out of the event space? - Monday July 15th, 2024, 10am.
3. How do I pay and register for a trailer/tent site? - You can register and pay for your site at www.juggernautcornhole.com and click on the Cornapalooza page.
4. Does registering for a trailer/tent site get me a weekend pass? - No, your weekend pass will be purchased extra (see below for more details).
5. Will my site have hydro or water hookup? - There are a few random sites with hydro, and a few with water hookup, but this will not be marked on the sites. It is best to assume you will not have either.
6. Can I run a generator? - Yes, you can run a generator for your trailer/tent site.
7. Can I have a Campfire on my trailer/tent site? -
Campfires are permitted under the following conditions, unless the City of Kawartha Lakes has instituted a burn ban:
The fire area is no larger than 60 cm (24”) in diameter
The fire area is supervised at all times by an adult person
The fire area is used to cook food on a grill or barbecue or is used for personal warmth
The fire area is within an approved area or pit designed for that use and contained by a fire ring.
The fire area does not violate any laws, by-laws, rules, or regulations governing fires.
The fire area is a minimum of 5 meters from any building or other structures and 5 meters from any fences, trees, brush piles or combustible materials.
Only wood may be burned
8. How big are the trailer sites - Most RV sites are 20’x50’. Tent sites are 20’ x 20’
If you have a small trailer, you will be able to set up a tent or even a second small trailer on your campsite. There is an additional charge of $25 per day for each extra tent/RV on your site.
9. Who needs a pass to attend this event - Everyone that enters the event space will require a pass. Kids 12 and younger that are just spectating are free.
10. How do the weekend Passes work? - There are four types of passes available for purchase:
Full Play Weekend Pass $140 - This pass will give you access to the event space from Friday 7am to Monday 10am. This also gets you entry into Friday’s Blind Draw, Saturday morning’s Doubles, Saturday afternoon’s Doubles, Sunday morning’s Singles, Sunday afternoon’s Singles, and Sunday afternoon’s Blind Draw events. You also get access to the DJ/Karaoke on the main stage starting at 8pm Friday Night, and to the concert on Saturday night starting with Erin Blackstock at 8pm, and Ty Wilson at 10pm on the main stage.
Full Weekend Non-Play Pass $60 - This includes access to the event space from Friday at 7am to Monday at 10am, with access to the DJ/Karaoke on the main stage starting at 8pm Friday Night, and to the concert on Saturday night starting with Erin Blackstock at 8pm, and Ty Wilson at 10pm on the main stage. No cornhole events are included with this pass.
Saturday Only Play Pass $70 - This gives you access to the event space from Saturday 8am until the end of the concert that evening. You get entry into the Saturday morning Doubles and Saturday afternoon Doubles events. You also get access to the concert on Saturday night starting with Erin Blackstock at 8pm, and Ty Wilson at 10pm on the main stage.
Saturday Only Non-Play Pass $30 - This gives you access to the event space from Saturday 8am until the end of the concert that evening. You also get access to the concert on Saturday night starting with Erin Blackstock at 8pm, and Ty Wilson at 10pm on the main stage. No cornhole events are included with this pass.
Wristband policy will be in effect.
11. How do I purchase my pass (wrist band) - Passes can be purchased at www.juggernautcornhole.com
12. What if I can’t make it to one or more of the cornhole events, will I get a discounted rate? - No, play as much or as little cornhole as you want. There will be no refunds or discounts for missed events.
13. How do I register to play in the cornhole events? - Cornapalooza is being run by Peterborough Cornhole and Cannington Cornhole, these will be Regional Events. Anyone can register for any event (limited only to your skill level) You can register for free (payment is with your weekend pass) at the following:
Cannington Cornhole Events
Friday afternoon Blind Draw
Saturday morning Doubles
Sunday morning Singles
Peterborough Cornhole Events
Saturday afternoon Doubles
Sunday afternoon Singles
Sunday afternoon Blind Draw
14. In registration I see Womens, Seniors, Juniors and Men's 18-54, what is this about? - On Friday at 1pm we will be offering these 4 events. These are considered local events (local points only). These events are NOT included with your weekend pass. You will pay cash for these events the day of. Top player in each event will receive a payout. The rest of the money will be donated to the Canadian Cornhole Federation (CCF).
15. Where do I register for the Womens, Seniors, Juniors and Men's 18-54 events?
Women's Division ($10 cash the day of event)
Juniors Division($5 cash the day of event)
Seniors Division ($10 cash day of event)
Mens 18-54 Division ($10 cash day of event)
16. What will the payout be for the Regional events - All we can say is that there will be payouts, but due to the expense of running an event of this size, we can’t say what the payouts will be at this time.
17. I see there are multiple divisions for each event, which one should I sign up for? - These are our suggestions, these suggestions are for newer players to the game who may not have played in a tournament before. (We hold the right to move players to a different division if we feel it is warranted. We will reach out to the player(s) prior to doing so)
Open Division - This division is typically for Pro & Advanced players to enter, although as the title suggests, any player from any level may enter.
Advanced Division - This division will be for the middle of the pack players, typically have played for 1-2 years and have a good understanding of the game.
Competitive Division - This division is for newer players that know the game, but still struggle to keep fours bags on the board.
Just for Fun - This is a division that we have created for Cornapalooza, this is for people who may play only for fun in a weekly league, or may never have played in an organised game, such as back yard throwers. You should only join this division if you struggle to keep bags on the board and are willing to laugh and have fun no matter what the outcome of the game is.
18. I can’t get to the registration page, it says I need a login? - If you are new to ACL Canada, you likely need to create a free account, follow the link below to create your Free profile
19. Is it really “Rain or Shine”? - Yes, this is an outdoor event, we will be playing in the rain, shine, wind, heat, cold, etc. If there are dangerous conditions, we will suspend play until they pass.
20. Will there be food at Cornapalooza? - We are working on getting food trucks to the event, and Lindsay has Skip the Dish's, and many restaurants to choose from.
21. Can I bring my own alcohol? - Yes, we will be applying for a Tailgate permit that will allow you to take your own alcohol into the event space.
22. Are there hotels in the area? - Yes, there is a Days Inn and the Ramada near the Lindsay Fairgrounds, and a few others others in Lindsay.
23. (a) Can I bring my dog to Cornapalooza? - Yes you can, but the dog must be leashed at all times, or you will be asked to take the dog off the property.
23. (b) But my dog is the best behaved dog ever, he is never on a leash? - You must have your dog leashed at all times, or you will be asked to take the dog off the property.
23. (c) But my dog is old and can barely walk? - You must have your dog leashed at all times, or you will be asked to take the dog off the property.
Note: If your dog is aggressive towards people, or other dogs (even on a leash), please don’t bring your dog to this event.